As energy costs continue to rise, it is no wonder that thousands are making the decision to convert to solar powered electricity. Not only can solar power decrease your energy consumption and decrease your energy costs, it can also help the environment. Make the smart choice by choosing solar power today and begin the road to reliable, clean and efficient energy. Call Mr. Electric to determine what type of solar power will work best for you.
What is solar energy & how can it work for me?
Solar energy is harnessed by capturing the sun’s heat or light. Electricity is produced by the solar panel’s solar cells to provide heat and electricity. This process is known as photovoltaics. You can use solar energy to provide electricity to your home in three different ways: stand-alone, grid-connected and back-up.
This type of system is often referred to as a Solar Home System because it is not connected to the electrical grid in any way. This type of system works well for people in remote areas who do not have access to utility supplied power. Extra energy is stored in a battery to be used when there is no sunshine to be turned into energy.
This is the most common type of solar energy currently in use. Grid-connected systems primarily use solar energy, but they have a battery backup and electrical grid backup in case there is a need. This helps the owner be a green as possible while maintaining the security of having a backup energy supply.
In this scenario, a solar system is used as a back-up to utility supplied power. This is best for areas that have unreliable grid power or frequent power outages.
Why choose solar energy?
Good for the Environment
- Sunlight is a clean, renewable resource (unlike gas, oil, and coal)
- Sunlight is easily accessible and untapped
- Solar energy does not damage the ecosystem
- Using solar energy indirectly clears the air of toxic pollutants
- Solar energy does not cause harmful emissions (smog, carbon dioxide, mercury, sulfur, nitrogen oxide, acid rain)
- Solar energy has no deadly byproducts
- Solar Energy can pay for itself in the long run
- Energy from the sun is essentially free
- Solar energy is not subject to price increases
- Financial incentives may be available from the government for using solar energy
- If you produce more energy than you consume, you may be able to build credit to sell to the utility company
- Solar Energy has very few reoccurring costs
- Solar Energy is becoming more price competitive
- Solar panels are easily installed
- Solar panels require little upkeep
- With solar panels you are not subject to power outages from utility companies
- Solar panels can be used in remote locations because it does not require a connection to a power or gas grid
- Solar panels operate silently
- Solar panels provide a long lasting source of energy
- Additional solar panels are easily added
Good for the Economy
- Solar panels decrease America’s dependence on foreign oil
- The use of solar panels supports local wealth and helps local economies
- The use of solar panels creates new jobs in research, development, supply, and installation
Why not install solar panels on your home or business today? Solar power is the economical and environmental solution to today’s energy crisis. Give Mr. Electric a call to find out how you can be on your way to using cleaner, greener and more efficient energy. Get a free quote today!